Kapiti Joggers & Walkers
What do we do?
- Our friendly group meets every Sunday morning at 8.15 for a run or walk of about an hour and a quarter at venues which range from Otaki to Plimmerton.
- After the Sunday exercise the group often retreats to a nearby café.
- There are also club trips to events such as the Great Forest Run/Walk at Waitarere and the Wanganui Three Bridges.
- Our annual subscription of $30 covers three paid morning teas and a Christmas breakfast. There are also regular social events such as ten pin bowling and a mid-year dinner.
- A weekly email keeps members up to date with news and upcoming events.
- Members also have access to the Walking New Zealand magazine as well as a library of sports books, other non-fiction volumes and a few novels.
If you are thinking of becoming a new member, you can try us out for 2-3 weeks to see if it’s your thing. The walkers group moves along at a brisk pace and the joggers run at a 6-7 minutes per km pace.
Pam and Roger Childs 902 1754,
John Granville 902 3536
Judy and Peter Kennedy 299 0088